Morgan from Fit for Success posted this recipe for healthy quinoa pizza bites earlier this year and I’ve been meaning to make them ever since. I finally made them tonight and they turned out way better that I could have imagined.They’re filling and if you dip generously enough they taste kind of like the breadsticks from Pizza Hut. So good!
You can find the original recipe on Morgan’s website, or the recipe with my minor alterations below.
- 1¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup fat free shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup parmigiano reggiano
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- sprig of fresh parsley, chopped.
- pinch of salt
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients (except the pizza sauce) in a mixing bowl.
- Spray the bottom of a mini-muffin tin with olive oil spray.
- Fill each muffin tin with about a tablespoon of the mix. It should fill all 12 spots.
- Bake them for 22 and let cool.
- Serve them warm with pizza sauce to dip in!