It’s hard to beat a big bowl of pasta after a long day of work. It’s emotional and physically satisfying in a unique way, and as an added bonus it makes for a quick dinner. That’s why today after a crappy Monday I made a quick pit-stop at the grocery store on the way home so that I could make this pasta which is a slightly altered version of Pinch of Yum’s Garlic Butter Spaghetti. Before making this go visit her site because her food photography is stunning,
Read on for the recipe. It’s easily customizable with whatever level of spics, and whatever additional protein or veggies you’d like to add.
- 1 cup of uncooked shrimp
- 1 package whole spaghettini
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch basil, chopped
- 1 large bunch spinach, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Parmigian cheese for topping
- Cook the spaghettini per package directions.
- While that is cooking heat in a large skillet.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 3 minutes, careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the shrimp and simmer for 2 additional minues
- Chop the spinach and basil and add to the skillet, stirring gently for a couple minutes until the greens are wilted
- Season with salt.
- Pasta should now be cooked. Add it to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Serve with some grated Parmesan.